Eggless Christmas Fruitcake Cookies
Looking for a new take on an old favourite Christmas treat that will impress your family and friends this festive season? Look no further than our Eggless Christmas Fruitcake Cookies, thanks to egglesscooking.com.
Prep time: 20 mins – Cook time: 15 mins – Makes 40 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup candied peel (tutti fruiti)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- butter – vegan butter substitute like Earth Balance
- coconut palm sugar – brown sugar
- all-purpose flour – whole wheat pastry flour
- candied peel, dates, cranberries – any dried fruit of your choice
- pistachios, pecans, hazelnuts – any nuts of your choice or even chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160C for 15 minutes. Grease baking sheets with butter or line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add the egg replacer powder, water and vanilla extract and beat well again.
- Add the sifted flour, salt and baking soda to the creamed mixture and stir well.
- Stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
- Scoop out tablespoonful of dough for each cookie, lightly roll it and flatten it and place it on the prepared baking sheets and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Place the baking sheets on a cooling rack and leave it for at least 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to the cooling rack to cool completely. Store it in an air-tight container.